- You want to stop developers cutting and pasting code? Why?
- This is Software Engineering 101, for heaven's sake!!
AntiCutAndPaste—slashing software maintenance costsThe modern software industry has a tradition of copying and pasting source code. This is the single most widely distributed method of producing less-than-perfect programs. Thousands of large and expensive projects contain literally millions of identical or nearly identical fragments of code costing millions of dollars per year for additional support and maintenance. Enter AntiCutAndPaste!
AntiCutAndPaste is designed to search for text fragments that have been copied and pasted in programming language source code or plain text. It is tested on sources from large C++, Visual Basic, Delphi, Java, and C# projects. AntiCutAndPaste will yield surprising results not only with publicly available sources samples but also with your own projects awards. AntiCutAndPaste takes little time to download and is fast and easy to use. Don't hesitate to try it.
Key Features—both Windows and Linux
- Free to try!
- Plagiarism check.
- Compatible with C++, Visual Basic, Delphi, Java, C# and plain text.
- Very fast native optimized Intel code. Processes about 50,000 lines of C++ sources in one second on Pentium 1.0 GHz computer.
- Convenient report are sorted by the total size of all similar fragments.
- Lots of report-customization options are available.
- Small download and no-hassle Windows installation.
- Both command line and GUI versions.
- Easy integration into Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Free to try.
- Small download, prebuild static x86 binary—no dependencies!
- Free for non-commercial use. See the license for exact details.